Annual competition honors best apparel programs in North America;
Air Canada named “Best of the Best”
2018 Best of the Best Winner: Air Canada, Designed by Christopher Bates and Manufactured by Unisync
March 28, 2018 04:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time
- LOUIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The North American Association of Uniform Manufacturers and Distributors (NAUMD) announces the Image of the Year (IOY) Award winners for the best apparel programs in North America. The industry’s highest achievement, the awards recognize the most fashionable, forward-thinking and innovative commercial apparel designs.
“Apparel designs have a significant impact on how a customer views a business, and can make a substantial difference in customer retention, which is why so many companies are investing in programs that enhance their brand”
Ten companies received the best dressed nod, with Air Canada also winning the prestigious “Best of the Best” award, which spans across all categories. The award-winning look, designed by Christopher Bates and developed and manufactured by Unisync, brings the brand to life through a fully coordinated clothing collection. Standout items include tailored suiting and dresses colored in black and charcoal, signature dress shirts, custom designed 100% silk print ties and scarves, and signature Air Canada red belts and handbags.
The winners by category are:
- Entertainment Venues: Universal Orlando, created by Universal Orlando
- Gaming: Gateway Casinos & Entertainment, created by Unisync Group Limited
- Healthcare: Fresenius Kidney Care, created by Fashion Seal Healthcare
- Hotels – Single Location: InterContinental Washington, DC, The Wharf, created by Cintas/Fourmy
- Hotels – Multiple Locations: Moxy Hotel, created by Cintas/Fourmy
- Restaurants – Single Location: Robert Irvine’s Public House, created by Cintas/Fourmy
- Restaurants – Multiple Locations: McDonald’s, created by Twin Hill & Way to Be
- Service/Industrial: Mercedes-Benz, created by Aramark Uniform Service
- Transportation – People, and Best of the Best: Air Canada, created by Unisync Group Limited
- Transportation – Products: Coca-Cola Bottling Company United, Inc., created by Cintas
Since 1978, the IOY Awards have honored the image apparel programs and the organizations, manufacturers and distributors that have created them. Winning this award shows that these organizations have mastered the concept of fashion and function using the best image and brand projection planning. Specifically designed to assist in identifying staff professionals, image apparel can also extend a company’s brand, increase safety, enhance interior décor and improve employee morale.
“Apparel designs have a significant impact on how a customer views a business, and can make a substantial difference in customer retention, which is why so many companies are investing in programs that enhance their brand,” said Steve Zalkin, NAUMD president. “The IOY awards recognize the businesses that have made employee appearance and guest satisfaction a priority to create a competitive edge in their markets.”
NAUMD honored its award recipients last night during the association’s 2018 Annual Convention, held in St. Louis, MO, at the Marriott Grand. For more information about the NAUMD or the IOY Awards, visit www.naumd.com, or email Steve Zalkin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The North American Association of Uniform Manufacturers & Distributors (NAUMD) has served as the voice of the uniform and image apparel industries since 1933. Its 500+ members include manufacturers, designers, producers, and retailers of uniforms, as well as those who produce products and services for the industry at large.
The NAUMD works to protect the interests of its members through a series of advocacy, education, and public relations campaigns intended to arm them with the tools needed to retain and capture business in a global economy. The association has authored a number of position papers and has an extensive library of information from which members can further their understanding of the uniform marketplace. NAUMD also hosts an annual convention and trade show where attendees can source products, learn about trends, and gain practical, take-home knowledge to better run their business.
Steve Zalkin, 402-639-0498